Mediation .... bite size
Mediation is an increasingly popular form of alternative dispute resolution.
Mediation is where a third party (a mediator) helps the parties to reach a resolution to their dispute.
Advantages of mediation:
- proactive intervention of neutral third party
- ascertains what your opponent really wants
- free to leave at any time
- can be arranged quickly, and
- cheaper than proceeding to trial.
Disadvantages of mediation:
- Both parties must be willing to make it work, and t
- here is still a cost implication to the parties.